Blogorama - The Blog Directory HyperSmash Summer Camp Experience: Working at a Summer Camp in America

Tuesday 10 September 2013

Working at a Summer Camp in America


If you have read my first post on here, you may be surprised that I am recommending anyone who wants to work in an American Summer Camp to definitely go for it.

I had a bit of trouble in the end which I felt completely ruined my entire experience, which it had done, but I am starting to remember the experience I did gain and the friends I made while I was there.

I have coached children in such things like squash, hockey and football (soccer), I knew what I was doing here. But the experience at an American Summer Camp was completely different. I found myself coaching campers in archery, rifflery and canoeing, things in which I have done very little or not not done anything at all in, so having to learn and coach at the same time was definitely a new experience and in which I felt added to the excitement of it all.

Another new experience was being with the children 24/7 for 2-4 weeks. I gained so much more experience here as I learned how to look after he children as if they were your own family, as I ended up caring about them and this I feel is a good thing as you will always put the needs of your campers before your own making sure that they have the best possible time as well as learning good values for the future.

Also every counsellor there has something different to offer and each counsellor gain some new life skills from each other and I feel I definitely gained some new experience here as well making some new friends.

Although I have had my problems here (read my first post), I feel that the experience that I have gained set me up for the future, as I have learned about different cultures and I can use this experience in my future career, which involves travelling the world, working on a certain business plan I have in mind. Also it has given me vital experience in how to raise a family, this being something I have always kept to myself but the main thing in life that I have always wanted is a family and I can now confidently say it as well as believe it. So this experience has also improved my confidence as well, which is weird considering the trouble I had in the end.

I am considering working at a Summer Camp in America again, I’m just waiting for everything from this year to get sorted out before making my choice as I don’t want to rush into anything.

I would definitely advice everyone who wants to do this to apply and to do it as soon as possible as you will most likely have a bigger choice of camps looking to hire you. Also when a camp is looking to hire you make sure you know that this camp is the right choice as you may be sorry if you don’t.

If you are going to do this programme you are guaranteed to gain some vital life experience as well as making new friends and at the same time as having a fantastic summer, the summer of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

search engine optimisation